Annual Company outing. Entire staff out-standing in their field.
Main warehouse. Note the post and beam construction.........
Photo's clockwise from upper left:
1. Central office. This had been my home from 1940 until about 1956 on the family dairy farm in Ellington, CT. The building has since been repaired. The farm remains a family dairy operation.
2. Main warehouse.This old shed sat on a hill on CT Rt. 140 a few miles from my home in Ellington. It has since been leveled.
3. Manufacturing. Couldn't resist this shot. Taken at Disney World, Florida; spring of 2005.
4. Company outing. This "staff" photo was taken at the Scotland, CT Farm Day at the Waldo Farm, Waldo Rd. Scotland. This annual event is held on the first Saturday of May. On display are early farming activities such as stone wall building; blacksmithing; open hearth cooking; woodcutting and other activities and crafts. Using donated clothes/hats; straw/hay and paper plates for faces; participants assemble scarecrows on previously constructed wood crossarms. Donations of clothing and particularly hats are welcome. A great contest originally organized by residents Rosilda and Harry Lasch. Farm Day is sponsored by the Scotland Historical Society; Trusties of the Waldo House; an 18th Century farmhouse. Information 860 456-0081.
5. My "workshop" at an event.
6. Staff lounge. This old chicken coop was in the rear yard of a gentleman from whom I obtained some yellow birch in Ellington.
7. Retail sales. This restored building constructed in ????????? is perhaps the first Methodist church parsonage in New England. On the grounds of the Crystal Lake School public school in Ellington, Ct.